Re: FLOATING-POINT CONSISTENCY, -FFLOAT-STORE, AND X86

In a message dated 12/19/98 6:46:15 AM Pacific Standard Time,
emil@skatter.usask.ca writes:

<<  I very much
 appreciate your proposal AND I endorse it completely. I am more than willing
 pay a performance penalty in order to get numerically accurate results with
less
 programming on my part.  >>
I would like to join in thanking Craig for raising this issue and offering to
work on it.    My primary objection to it was that the performance penalty
would be too large if the problem of mis-aligned spills were not solved.  With
that qualification, I endorse it also.