Re: FLOATING-POINT CONSISTENCY, -FFLOAT-STORE, AND X86

 Marc> This might break any third-party libraries and/or the system
 Marc> libm if it uses extended precision to implement
 Marc> double-precision operations.

What's the guarantee that crt0 sets up extended precision on whichever
systems are of interest?

 Marc> IAW, this functionality must be off by default, similar to
 Marc> -malign-double.

Is it currently consistent across all the x86 platforms we run on?
I'm fairly sure not.  However, all _I_ particularly want to include
(modulo f2000 intrinsics) is a trivial piece of runtime so that people
can say `-lrdble' (or something) and (probably) be done.  Similarly
for floating point traps/masks.

I'd at least like to put the code somewhere people can retrieve it to
use/extend if they like.  Could I put it in the contrib directory, for
instance?