Re: stl and -fexternal-templates: bug

Alexandre Oliva wrote:

> On Dec 17, 1998, Kasper Peeters <K.Peeters@damtp.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> > When I compile C++ code and use -fexternal-templates together with
> > '#pragma interface/implementation', egcs complains about missing
> > '#pragma interface' in the STL headers (and subsequently it fails to
> > do its job properly). Is this supposed to work or has support for
> > these pragma constructions been dropped meanwhile?
>
> I don't think it was ever supposed to work.  The docs say that you
> should add the #pragmas to *all* files that declare or define
> templates, so it looks like you'll have to start using some other
> template instantiation mechanism.

Hmm,   let I  asc next question :

    Is it  possible  use "#pragma interface/implementation"  template
instaniation
mechanism with STL ?

   The answer will be "NO"

  next question:
    It would be  possiple to use this mechanism,  after addind

#ifdef USE_PRAGMA_INTERFACE
"pragma interface"
#endif

    to *all* STL headers ?