Re: using templates in shared library

> that's because the component object files contain those symbols
> already.  I don't think the linker should remove those symbols from
> a shared library; can you think of the implications of replacing the
> other library your library depended upon?

Well, the first library is just required to contain the symbols
associated to my templates. If a new version doesn't have them, it's
not a new version but a broken version.

But regardless of the philosophy, let me rephrase my question: how can
I force the compiler NOT to instantiate symbols in an object file
which are already present in a given shared library on my system?

(Please CC to me, I'm not on this list)

Kasper