Re: Mailing List Plans

  In message <4.1.19981208103512.03fde920@mail.lauterbach.com>you write:
  > >It currently looks like "egcs-return-135-smurf=noris.de@egcs.cygnus.com".
  >
  > This is a must to handle bounces correctly and automatically. I would think
  > it's unsafe (and wrong?) to redirect on the envelope sender address anyway.
  > What you would do with a double bounce with "<>" as return path? Where
  > should this be redirected to?
Yes.  We absolutely need those sequence #s so that qmail/ezmlm can
automatically handle bounces.

They're also for your benefit.  I gathered from reading the ezmlm docs that it
can actually send you a message indicating what messages failed if there were
transient error messages.  You can then request that ezmlm send you just those
messages (or a subset).  For sites with connectivity problems I would think
it would be quite useful.

jeff