Re: egcs-1.1.1, mips-sgi-irix6.2

On Dec  5, 1998, Matthias Abraham <matthias.abraham@wolfson.oxford.ac.uk> wrote:

> Then I wrote a little 'Hello World' C++ program. Compiling it using 'g++'
> resulted in the following linker error:

> g++ test.C
> ld: WARNING 84: /usr/local/lib/libstdc++.a is not used for resolving any
> symbol.

I assume you wrote your hello-world program using `printf', not
`cout<<', right?  Otherwise, at least cout would have been imported
from libstdc++.

> ld: FATAL 9: I/O error (-lm): No such file or directory collect2: ld
> returned 32 exit status

Looks like the math library is missing for the default ABI (n32).
Isn't there a libm* in /usr/lib32?

AFAIK, libm was only required in the old days of libg++, because some
of the libg++ functionality needed functions from libm, and its
automatic inclusion could be dropped by now.

--
Alexandre Oliva  http://www.dcc.unicamp.br/~oliva  aoliva@{acm.org}
oliva@{dcc.unicamp.br,gnu.org,egcs.cygnus.com,samba.org}