Re: (C++) High memory usage with templates

> Chris wrote:

>> Is this normal? Is there any way I can reduce this memory usage?

> So yes, this is normal. And the way to reduce this seems to be to
> fund Mark Mitchell to reduce it :-) He has improved the memory usage
> by some 10-20% in the last weeks.

Will these changes affect linking speed when creating laaarge shared
libs?  That's where my bottleneck currently is.  This takes up to one
minute for creating a 15MB .so on my PII300 (w/128MB of RAM).

Memory usage goes right up, and CPU usage is only 29%, so I suspect
that much of the time is spent waiting for existing pages to page
out...

Oh well!