Re: continuing egcs-1.1 problems

  In message <9811021750.AA31930@marc.watson.ibm.com>you write:
  > 	We need to resolve this for egcs-1.1.1.  I don't know what Gary
  > and linuxppc has determined about the problem, but the MkLinux camp has an
  > old patch from Gary which is not in egcs-1.1 and they are blaming EGCS for
  > the bug.  I thought this was a glibc bug.  We need to get a correct
  > determination of the problem and reflect the correct information back to
  > MkLinux as well as listing it on the EGCS FAQ.
If we can't come to a conclusion about what the right thing to do is soon, then
it'll simply have to be left out of egcs-1.1.1.

I don't consider this that critical -- we're making progress on ppc-linux
stuff, and I'm happy with that.  I do not want ppc-linux issues to hold up
a release at this juncture.  Maybe ppc-linux will be mature enough in a future
release that we should hold up releases for ppc-linux stuff, but I don't
believe it's quite to that point yet.

jeff