Re: pedantic

> From: Jason Merrill <jason@cygnus.com>
> Date: 09 Nov 1998 15:09:14 -0800

> The difference is between compiling it because we can and compiling it
> because it's reasonable.  I want to offer modes where we compile everything
> we can (for people building stuff they got off the net and are not
> interested in fixing) and where we only compile reasonable code (for
> developers).

What default do you prefer?  I assume that you want to tighten the
compiler by default, and have the people compiling random old code use
-floose?  I know some people would welcome the tightening.  g++ is
loose at times (more than it needs to be) for backwards compatibility
and to cater to broken code.

Explained that way, what you said makes perfect sense even without an
example, the only thing left is the default mode and the name of the
option and individual discussions on what we should put into what
class.

Sounds fine to me.