Re: Sun compares their compiler tools to GNU tools

In a message dated 11/7/98 10:45:26 PM Pacific Standard Time, pcg@goof.com
writes:

> time to make the egcs-benchmark suite better by adding spec95 to it ;->

I run a version of Livermore Kernels on each snapshot.
It takes about 90 seconds on Irix or W95, not over 40 minutes on any OS.  I'm
sure others do some simple benchmarking.  Given the close tie-in between gcc
and g77, it's not necessary to run the same benchmark regularly on more than
one language.