Re: LPGL (was "GCC2 merging")

> It doesn't seem to me that the licence would allow people to rip up the
> library arbitrarily.

As a maintainer, we want to be able to move code around between .cc files
and headers, between linked-in and inlined functions.
Using a Free Software license, we have to give everybody the rights that
the maintainers have.
So I don't see how we can have flexibility in maintenance of the code
yet prevent other people from making their own derived versions that
move whatever they want into inlinable functions in header files,
and then use these in proprietary projects.