Re: Faq entry

  In message <199810311736.SAA00970@mira.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de>you write:
  > > I've seen enough questions about it, and I just went looking, but there
  > > is no entry for how to use Purify with egcs.  Just a thought.
  >
  > AFAIK, the answer is that it just doesn't work (at least not for C++).
  >
  > Of course, that could go in the FAQ, together with a suggestion to
  > contact Rational and query them for the status of Purify with g++
  > 2.8/egcs.
I've had the, err, pleasure of dealing with Purify/Rational Software on and
off for the last several years.

Their stance has pretty much been anything that causes their tools to break
(and they're *far* too picky) is a compiler bug until it shows up in an FSF
release -- even when I've gone to the trouble of giving them advance info on
changes they should expect in FSF releases.

The only way I see that we can move Purify is by having Rational's *customers*
apply pressure on Rational to support egcs.

jeff