RE: Why does debugging "pure virtual method called" have to be so hard?

I don't understand how throwing an exception when a pure virtual method is
accidentally invoked would help in the debugging process.  Won't the throw
unwind your stack so you can't see where it happened?  Yikes...  I'd much
rather have abort() called which will give me a core file to look at -- at
least under UNIX.

Jeff