Re: Getting closer (was Re: cross-compiler build: can't find stdio.h)

John Breen wrote:

> Ignore the problem I just posted about the build dying in libio.  It
> appears I was bit by the HPUX sed bug (although I haven't verified it;
> but I installed GNU's sed, reconfigured and rebuilt, and it got past
> that part).

I'm glad that got sorted.

> configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler \
>     cannot create executables.
> Anyone know what this means?  This happened pretty far along in the
> build (further than I'd ever gotten).

Yeah, it means (most likely) that you don't have a libc.a (or .so) for
your target.  Check config.log in the directory to be sure.  I had this
problem too.  If you *do* have libc available, your will want to use
--with-libs=... to say where it is.

> Hasn't it been using xgcc all
> along to build the other parts?

Only for *compiling*, not linking.  This is one of the reasons I suspect
it's the lack of a libc (the other is experience:)

Bill
--
Leave others their otherness