Re: Exposing gthreads, and making exceptions safe under cthreads

Melissa> Currently, EGCS can't be compiled with the configure option
Melissa> --enable-threads under systems that use cthreads (aka mach
Melissa> threads).
Melissa> [ ... ]
Melissa> Cthreads only provides *one* pointer for thread-specific
Melissa> data.
Melissa> [ ... ]
Melissa> Given this situation, I propose that we expose the gthreads
Melissa> package to the user, rather than keep it internal to the
Melissa> compiler sources.

My two cents: this seems like a lot of effort to work around a design
bug in one obscure (to me!) thread system.

It seems to me that you could also implement this using a hash table
(or moral equivalent) in gthr-mach.h.  That is, nothing says you must
use the underlying thread system's mechanism for thread-specific data.

Tom