Re: bcopy -> memcpy/memmove transition proposal

  In message <199809170708.AAA23506@cygnus.com>you write:
  > 1) Do we need to add prototypes for bcopy, memmove and/or memcpy
  > to some header file, if they are "missing"?
I'd say no, but others will likely disagree :-)

  > 2) Is there a problem with build vs host?  Is is the difference
  > between auto-host.h and auto-config.h?  I'm not clear on how
  > this happens;  perhaps we may need to compile string.c twice,
  > once for build and once for host.
string.c will need to be compiled twice, once for the host, once
for the build (if performing a canadian cross).  There's sample
rules in the Makefile.in to do this.

Note you may need a little sed command to change config.h to hconfig.h
when compiling it for the host (using gcc backwards gcc terminology)

jeff