Re: Exceptions workaround for older systems that don't USE_COLLECT2

  In message <199809080704.AAA23379@aldrington.ppp.cs.sfu.ca>you write:
  > I agree. Doing the right thing every time has to be preferred over saving
  > a bit of time for a few cases.
I've enabled collect2 for the m68k nextstep port.  I didn't do anything
with the x86 port because I didn't know if it has the same problems.

If the x86 next port needs this change too, let me know and I'll fix
it too.

  > Although, as I said earlier, it'd be cool
  > if g++ could skip the double-link/collect2 business when -fno-exceptions
  > is in effect, but I doubt anyone is going to take the time to implement
  > that (after all, 'tis better to fix bugs than add features, IMHO).
This would not be safe.

Even if your program does not use exceptions, you may be linking to
a library that does use exceptions internally.

jeff