Re: Warnings in the C++ Front-End and GCC in General

 Gerald> This raised some red warning flag in my head: Wasn't
 Gerald> there, just quite recently, the announcement of a member
 Gerald> of the GCC group that their current snapshot includes
 Gerald> first support for i18n?

 > I don't know.

 Gerald> Doesn't this mean that we'll now have two incompatible
 Gerald> solutions?

 > Only very slightly.  It should be easy for whoever has done that work
 > to transfer it over to the new scheme.  If I recall correctly, one of
 > the standard packages uses something like __X() around strings to mark
 > them for a message catalogue; this could easily be done (with `sed')
 > in the new header file.

I prefer the locality of that solution; I like to be able to see the error
message in the place where it's used, rather than going to another file to
look it up.  Let's wait and leverage the gettext support when it goes in
(which should be soon, right Ulrich?).

Jason