Re: underflows, overflows, ... [on Alphas]

>   > > Doing this will at least require something called "multi-libbing"
>   > > the version of libf2c shipped with egcs-g77.  I'm hoping we can
>   > > accomplish this for egcs version 1.2.  Ideally we'd set it up so
>   > > if you compiled with -mieee, any library calls in the generated code
>   > > would automatically pick up the corresponding libf2c routines
>   > > compiled with -mieee, but for now that sort of solution (used by at
>   > > least some Fortran vendors, I believe) seems to be outside of
>   > > the architectural scope of egcs.
>   >
>   > At least for gcc, multilibbing already works in egcs.  Look for MULTILIB
>   > in tm.texi for details.
> Sorry to disagree, but multilibbing does not work for libf2c at the
> current time.

I didn't mean to imply that it works.
My point is that the framework for multilibbing is already there - we
multilib newlib and libstdc++ routinely.

Thus, while it'll be undoubtedly require some work to make this work for
libf2c, it is not outside the architectural scope of egcs.

So whoever needs it should feel encouraged to make it happen ;-)