aix testssuite failing with -fPIC was: egcs-1.1 release issues

> gcc-2.8.1 and egcs-1.0.3a do not issue a warning when you use -fPIC
> with ABI_AIX, but egcs-1.1 does.  This causes the testsuite to think
> those tests failed their test for excess errors.

Hmmm.  I thought that list of failures looked familiar.  It's pretty
much the same list that goes up in flames on OpenServer/COFF.  Since PIC
and COFF don't go together, these tests fail, but pass on the default
generation of ELF.

I submitted a patch to the Dejagnu list some time ago to add a flexible
means of solving this problem by adding ability to exclude flags
explictly added by the testcases on a per-target flags basis.

It sounds like the specific problem I was solving with this general
solution is about exactly the problem you've just stumbled into.

I haven't heard anything about the status of that patch, but I think I
recall sending it to the egcs list.  If you want a copy, I can send it
to you.