Re: bastring.cc

Jeffrey A Law <law@cygnus.com> writes:

> Is user code supposed to be able to include this file directly?

> If yes, is bastring.cc supposed to handle multiple inclusions?

As Jason, wrote, this is not supposed to work with the current and
correct approach of egcs to include bastring.cc in bastring.h.
Unfortunately, it was necessary to include it on some platforms such
as IRIX 5.2, SunOS 4.1.3 and Cygnus/GNU-Win32, that would not work
without bastring.cc explicitly included in every translation unit that
would require some symbol defined within it.

A `configure' has was placed to check whether the #include was needed,
and it is *not* including bastring.cc twice, except in
UnicodeInstantiation.C, that is not included elsewhere.  I completely
removed the inclusions of bastring.cc, even from
UnicodeInstatiation.C, and I got exactly the same error, so the
problem must be elsewhere.

--
Alexandre Oliva
mailto:oliva@dcc.unicamp.br mailto:aoliva@acm.org