Re: egcs-1.1 status

 >   In message <13782.44956.806176.986098@saturn.hollstein.net>you write:
>> What do   you expect in  concrete?
 > Well, we want to select a particular kernel version to build (and
 > presumably run :-).

 > The 2.0.3? kernels have the asm bugs, so those aren't particularly
 > desirable.  Which leaves us with the 2.1.xxx kernels; lacking any
 > knowledge of the status of the 2.1.xxx kernels, I'd select 2.1.115
 > as the one that needs to build and run on the x86, alpha, sparc and
 > ppc.  But if there's a more appropriate kernel to build as a test I'm
 > open to suggestions.

 > Similarly for glibc, except that Uli is supposed to make a tag in the
 > glibc sources so that we have a common test base.

Just for your information: I'm testing the latest glibc 2.1 sources
regulary with a recent egcs 1.1 and haven't had a egcs related failure
for quite some time on Linux 2.1.100+/i486.

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger   aj@arthur.rhein-neckar.de    jaeger@informatik.uni-kl.de
  for pgp-key finger ajaeger@alma.student.uni-kl.de