Re: i386-pc-solaris2.5.1: recent snapshots can't build emacs-20.2

|   In message <87yasnenke.fsf@ascend.com>you write:
|   > Jeffrey A Law <law@hurl.cygnus.com> writes:
|   >
|   > |   In message <873eawf8n0.fsf@ascend.com>you write:
|   > |   > I did try to build a few `cvs update -D DATE'-selected
|   > |   > versions of egcs, but none of them bootstrapped.  What version
|   > |   > of CVS is running on Cygnus' egcs repository?
|   > | cvs-1.9.21, but that really shouldn't have anything to do with being unab
|   > le
|   > | to bootstrap egcs
|   > |
|   > | What problems are you having bootstrapping?
|   >
|   > Here's what I got when trying to bootstrap the official egcs-19980615
|   > snapshot:
| [ ... ]
| OK.  This has nothing to do with whatever cvs version we're running.  It
| sounds more like the typical development instability.  What happens if
| you try to build something newer, paricularly off the egcs-1.1  branch?
| jeff

Whoops.  I misunderstood.
I have *not* been doing `cvs update -DDATE' for a month.
I'm convinced that it's just instability as you say.

The problem is that I didn't have time to find out which subsequent
patch fixed the bootstrap problem I saw when trying to localize the
emacs-build-breaking change.  Unfortunately, I don't expect to have
much time to work on this for the next week or so -- I'll be offline
from Thur through Mon.