Re: egcs-1.1 status

On Fri, 14 August 1998, 22:13:16, law@cygnus.com wrote:

 > At this point I'd like folks to stop checking in changes on the
 > branch without my explicit approval.
 >
 > If you send me a patch for the egcs-1.1 branch you need to inform
 > me of what bug it fixes, and the severity of the bug so that I can
 > properly judge if it needs to go on the branch.
 >
 > Code maintainers should expect mail about regressions in the testsuite
 > soon (there's a few, but not too many, and I've already fixed a few
 > of them).
 >
 > We've also got to get the glibc,  linux kernel and RH5.1 build tests
 > going in full swing.
 >
 > Who wants to volunteer for any of this work?  We're particularly
 > interested in x86, alpha, sparc & ppc folks who are familiar with
 > building glibc, the linux kernel and Red Hat distributions.

What do   you expect in  concrete?  I'm  building  kernels (2.0.3? and
2.1.x) and all other  stuff on my RHL  5.1 with pre-1.1 all the  time,
and  didn't get any problems  so  far. If you  want me  to do anything
particular on  x86, tell me (but  I won't  be  here from  20th-29th of
August).

 > jeff

manfred