Re: results for egcs-2.91.53 586-pc-linux-gnulibc1

> From: Joe Buck <jbuck@Synopsys.COM>
> To: schmid@ltoi.iap.physik.tu-darmstadt.de (Peter Schmid)
> Date: Wed, 5 Aug 98 17:49:07 PDT
> Cc: egcs@cygnus.com

> Peter Schmid writes:

> It appears that our testing methodology has a severe problem: we can
> report PASS for a test, even though the compiler crashes on the test!

I will agree with you, that in the light of this type of testing, it
is better to assume that the testcase in fact did fail.

The problem is knowing it.  One will have to additionally look for
``confused by earlier errors'' and ``Internal compiler error'' in
testsuite/lib/old-deja.exp and if that is present, set a variable.
Then in the loop over messages, in the default case in stead of:

   } else {
       set ok fail
       set uhoh pass
   }

do:

   } else {
	set ok fail
	set uhoh pass
        if (any_ice)
	   set uhoh fail
   }

I think.  Someone want to give it a try?  I'd be happy to review the
work, though nothing beats testing it.  :-)

> So what should be done?  It would be nice to have a separate status,

No!  Please, I bed of you, don't ask for that.