Re: mods for compiling perl && perl common packages

>  I am simply wondering how what you wrote above is actually
>  possible? I mean, in my country it is also true that my
>  student projects are intellectual property of my
>  University. But that's all. What I do in my own free time
>  is my personal business and nobody can step in. How come
>  this is not the case in the US? How can they monopolize
>  your free time?

Well, I do not know the situation for students in my country, but
I'm a civil servant for the Dutch Meteorological Institute, and I
got a letter last week that summoned me to write up all my
activities outside the 36-hour office week, whether paid or unpaid:

"Indicating these activities will be understood as a request for
permission to keep carrying out these activities"

"_Initially_, you yourself judge whether these activities are a
barrier for your function in the public office" (emphasis mine)

Reason:  "Integrity of Public Offices" :-(

I wonder what will be considered more subversive:  My work for my
church or the activities involved in supporting the Fortran part of
egcs ...

Cheers,
Toon.