Re: The library interface again

I have to agree with H.J. too.

This change isn't like a change in the compiler it self:
Its not like possibly breaking some obscure C++ code that
we won't find out about in time.
It is like avoiding new problems and old problems with
linking with stdc++ from the start (the release of 1.1).
The intermediate solution that Jeff proposes for 1.1 has
its problems and it seems better to never introduce it in
the first place (so we don't need to be backwards compatible
with yet another way of doing this).

Jeff, maybe you can summarize again exactly what your
concerns are with the solution by H.J.?  What could
break?  If we have a clear overview of the problems you
see then maybe the rest can understand your decision
a little better.

--
 Carlo Wood  <carlo@runaway.xs4all.nl>