Re: Re: crash in 1.0.3a fortran compilation

In a message dated 7/24/98 2:36:20 AM, d.love@dl.ac.uk wrote:

>I, for one, simply don't have enough space to do some of the testing I
>think should be done on significant packages with multiple compiler
>versions, even though I can NFS-mount Netlib stuff, and probably not
>even the cycles.  I think that's the basic reason it hasn't been done
>for previous g77 releases, at least on x86.  I don't know if that's
>technical or social...

I can't justify a great deal of testing on my employer's facilities except
where it bears directly on the suitability of software for our work.  Besides,
it takes a great deal of time or accountable resources just to download and
unpack the present test suite on any system I have available other than my
Linux at home.  With the present set up, if I'm going to build snapshots every
month or so, I don't find weekly patches of much use, but I have to plow
through the test suite in order to get a full set of compilers each time, even
though dejagnu won't even run on some of these systems.   Perhaps the test
suites, if they are to continue to grow, could be distributed separately from
the compiler packages, and the comprehensive g77 and g++ suites might usefully
be separated.