Re: Makefile timestamp synchronization problem

>gmake complains about time synchronization problems and the
>dates of some files being in the future.  I understand the root of the
>problem is that gmake is running on the client and file timestamps reflect
>the current time of the server

I have seen these warnings occasionally when building on cygwin32/NT4 with all
files local (never on cygwin32/w95), and frequently when building on HPUX10.20
with files on a server.  I'll try it next week building locally on HPUX10.20.
I've never seen any failures associated with this, so I've always ignored
them.  It would be nice to have fewer "expected" warnings so that it's easier
to spot trouble.