Makefile timestamp synchronization problem

Hi,

I am reporting this on behalf of an RTEMS user who is trying to compile a
toolset in a networked Solaris environment.  He is compiling on a client
which appears to have his home directory autohomed to a server.  During
the build, gmake complains about time synchronization problems and the
dates of some files being in the future.  I understand the root of the
problem is that gmake is running on the client and file timestamps reflect
the current time of the server.  My question is: how to fix this?

I suggested these alternatives:

+ compile completely on either the client or the server.  Neither is
possible.  The server is too heavily loaded and he does not have
privileges to use local disk.  Besides it does not look like the client
has enough space to build it anyway.

+ change the date on the machines.  Again because the user does not have
root privileges, this can not be done easily.  Although a polite request
to the system administrator might be the best thing at this point.

Am I missing something?  Is there another alternative?  I personally avoid
this problem by always building locally so don't have much experience in
highly networked environments.

Thanks.

--joel
Joel Sherrill                    Director of Research & Development
   Support Available             (205) 722-9985