Re: Compiling questions...

On Mon, 20 Jul 1998, Koundinya.K wrote:
> 	I am trying to compile egcs1.0.3a for my system running SVR4.2.
> I have a question regarding the build procedure. Can I configure in
> the gcc directory and issue the build commands or strictly follow the
> configure and build methods as mentioned in the egcs documents.

If I understand correctly, you ask whether it's possible to do a simple
  ./configure; make bootstrap
instead of creating an empty directory and issueing
  /full/path/to/egcs/sources/configure; make bootstrap

If so, the answer is that it _may_ work, though strictly following the
procedure as outlined in the docs is highly recommended.

Please note that the documentation at the egcs website
(http://egcs-www.cygnus.com/install/) is probably more up to date than
what has been shipped with egcs-1.0.3a.

If you have any further questions (or I have misunderstood your question),
just let us (me) know.

Clearly also suggestions or hints for improvements of the documentation
are most welcome!

Gerald
--
Gerald Pfeifer (Jerry)      Vienna University of Technology
pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at   http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/~pfeifer/