Re: egcs-1.0.3a on DEC Alpha / DU4.0b: typedef of ulong in types.h

> On Thu, Jul 16, 1998 at 05:47:31PM -0700, Joe Buck wrote:
> > Does/should fixinclude try to fix Posix violations, or only ANSI/ISO
> > violations?  (I suppose it can't do it in general since many gcc targets
> > aren't really Posix).
>
> No, that way lies madness.  I'm actually surprised we do what we do
> with fixincludes, instead of coping out and stating that you only get
> an ISO environment if the vendor provides one.

That copout would have meant "no gcc on SunOS4 unless you buy Sun's
proprietary ANSI C compiler".  Not really in the FSF spirit, is it?

Also, fixincludes doesn't try to provide an ISO environment, only to fix
things that directly conflict with ISO if they can be fixed without
making things worse.