Re: CVS using a proxy ?

> But there is no need to use a special (socksified) variant of cvs.
> For machines that support dynamic linking there is a script that comes
> with socks that allows you to change the inet protocol stack used at
> run time.

In my opinion this approach, and/or something else which allows one to
one to change authentication details at run-time without having to
patch CVS, is the way to go.

This is partly just because I am a lazy application writer and don't
want to have to update my application for the 3 zillion different
authentication/connection schemes out there.  But it is also The Right
Thing(TM) for network security -- you don't want the security of your
network to be at the mercy of whether CVS (and every other
application) has gotten things right.

I've updated the SOCKS information at
http://www.cyclic.com/cvs/dev-net.html to suggest runsocks.