Re: porting EGCS to the Cray T3E

  In message <9807141146.ZM5055@vapor.acl.lanl.gov>you write:

No, look at configure.html

To configure egcs:

     % mkdir objdir
     % cd objdir
     % srcdir/configure [target] [options]

target specification

     egcs has code to correctly determine the correct value for target for nearly all native
     systems. Therefore, we highly recommend you not provide a configure target when
     configuring a native compiler.
     target must be specified when configuring a cross compiler; examples of valid targets
     would be i960-rtems, m68k-coff, sh-elf, etc.

  >  I get the exact same behavior as before.  It works for a while, then says
  >
  > Configuration alpha-cray-unicosmk not supported
This isn't going to help your problem -- there is no support for cray
targets.  As long as you continue to try and build for a cray target
this is going to fail.
jeff