Re: egcs and g77

[ To Juan's defense, he explained to me that software licences might
  prohibit him from sending the code g77 can't compile - he will
  e-mail me the error message(s), and - who knows - after some waving
  of dead chickens, I might have a bright moment and spot the error ]

>  Where is the g77 manual?  I was not even aware there was
>  such a thing.  As they say ignorance is not an excuse so
>  I offer none.

[ Sorry, can't resist: ]

Wow, I've been used to people writing fortran@gnu.org who couldn't
find the answer to their question in the g77 manual in spite of the
fact that it was there, properly indexed, but you win hands down on
this front:  The g77 manual is the g77.texi file in the
.../egcs/gcc/f directory.  The "info" files that are made from this
file by makeinfo can be viewed with the `info' program or `emacs'.
An alternative route is to convert them to HTML using `texi2html',
or to Postscript via `tex' and `dvips' (if you have a DVI viewer on
your system the last step might not even be necessary, unless you
want to actually print the manual; however, do realise that this
material is in a kind of flux).

Hope This Helps,
Toon.