Re: New STL implementation from SGI

>   In message <x7sokk1h55.fsf@peti.gmd.de>you write:
>   >
>   > I just checked the latest STL release from SGI and was pleased to see
>   > that auto_ptr and a few other things have been fixed/added. I notice,
>   > though, that the latest egcs snapshot (obtained via CVS today) does
>   > still have the old STL implementation. Are there any plans to upgrade
>   > to the new STL before the next release?
> I doubt we'd want to make that kind of change since egcs-1.1 is feature
> frozen.
>
> I think upgrading the STL code would be wise for egcs-1.2.

What is the time table for 1.2? FYI, I know some C++ codes use
auto_ptr. I have to fix it in egcs 1.0.3. It may be a good idea
to include a better STL in egcs 1.1, since more and more C++ codes
are using STL, even if it means 1.1.1. Delaying it means people
may say "don't use STL in egcs and get a real one in stead". As far
as they know, STL in egcs is broken since 1.0 and it is broken.

--
H.J. Lu (hjl@gnu.org)