Re: PATCH: Testcase for new C++ bug? Comments please.

> Note: I don't know the internals of gcc, but if it can check for
> private ctor and dtors, it could just as well check for static public
> functions returning an object of the offending class.

If it gets fixed, it should get fixed for good. So if you don't
complain in this case, somebody will write a class that has a static
function with a static variable, but does not return this variable;
and it will be a meaningful application.

The tricky part is not to implement some criterion, but to come up
with a good one.

Martin