Re: If `g77 -v' is "fixed"...

  In message <199806251623.MAA12054@melange.gnu.org>you write:
  > ...to report its "full" version info, by reverting HJ Lu's patch
  > of a few days ago, then I believe it is also necessary to fix
  >
  >   gcc/testsuite/lib/g77.exp
  >
  > to supply the appropriate `-Bpathname/' option (before -v), where
  > pathname is the same as in the command `pathname/g77 -v' as is
  > currently invoked.
  >
  > IMO, this change should be made for all situations where -v is
  > used to get version info, to ensure the right copy of the `specs'
  > file gets picked up.
  >
  > I don't know enough about the language these files are written
  > in (`expect', presumably) to fix these myself.
I don't know tcl all that well either.  I managed to hammer g77.exp
into submission though.

Unfortunately we have to use a totally different interface to get the
compiler to run with all the magic flags.  And that interface returns
the output from the compile in a different manner too.  Ugh.

Anyway, I think it'll start reporting stuff now.  I only bothered to
get the version # from the driver itself.  Folks with interest can
try to dig out other version information if they think it's worth the
time/effort.

jeff