library work [was Re: auto_ptr? ]

Niall wrote:

> You've mentioned this "behind the scenes" work a couple of times, who is
> doing it?  Is there any idea of when they will be finished or if they are
> soliciting contributions?  How come they aren't following a more open

Ulrich Drepper (drepper@cygnus.com) is working with Nathan Myers
(ncm@cygnus.com) to put it together.  It's hoped that an initial snapshot
will be able to go out in the next few weeks (hopefully much sooner than
later, but I know better than to commit a date :) ).

The development process isn't in a mode of being "open" yet because there
are some fundamental parts of its creation that need to be completed to
make it even remotely useful for anyone, even to just scroll through
reading how different things were implemented.  It's much more helpful to
put something out that people can at least try out and will look at even
close to what might be its final design, compared to release something
that has too many unfilled holes.

Brendan

--
Brendan Kehoe                                               brendan@cygnus.com
Cygnus Solutions, Sunnyvale, CA                                +1 408 542 9600

Web page: http://www.zen.org/~brendan/