Re: New mailing lists

  In message <Pine.GSO.3.96.980528005644.15892B-100000@nashira.dbai.tuwien.ac.at>you write:
  > If a reply to a report sent to egcs-bugs contains a patch fixing the bug
  > reported, where should that reply go? (Still egcs-bugs, both egcs-bugs
  > and egcs-patches or only egcs-patches?)
It should certainly go to egcs-patches.  I don't have strong opinion
on whether or not it should also go to egcs-bugs.

  > How about patches that are not intended for immediate inclusion but to
  > trigger discussion? egcs or egcs-patches?
IMHO, those belong on egcs since by their nature they're supposed to
spark some discussion.

  > Finally, where should discussion about patches sent to egcs-patches take
  > place? egcs-patches or egcs?
egcs-patches.  As soon as we get some configuration issues nailed down
on the egcs machine we'll be tracking patch submission via PRMS (aka
gnats).  So, we'll want the discussion to be captured in the patch's
entry in the database.

The basic goal of egcs-patches is to:

	* Help make sure patches aren't getting lost in the huge
	volume of the main list.

	* Make it easier to track patches in the near future via PRMS.

jeff