Re: Can't compiles egcs 19980517 linux-gnulibc1 libiberty

On Tue, 19 May 1998, Peter Schmid wrote:
> I am not sure what you mean by a fresh directory but I configured and
> build the compiler from the toplevel egcs-directory like I always did.

Ooops, if I understand correctly, that might be the reason for your
problem!

If possible, you should not build directly within the source tree but
within a separate build tree. (What Jeff probably ment by a fresh
directory is simply an empty directory.)

Have you checked http://egcs-www.cygnus.com/install/configure.html,
especially the third paragraph? (I slightly rewrote this some two
weeks ago...)

Hope this helps,
Gerald
--
Gerald Pfeifer (Jerry)      Vienna University of Technology
pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at   http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/~pfeifer/