Re: egcs-19980502 -- running testsuite on sparc Solaris2.6

> H.J. Lu has a patch for this that fixes it by changing the search algorithm
> in dejagnu.  However, that patches has problems of its own.  I think the
> right fix is to pick one name and use it always.  If we pick the name
> ${target_alias} then this problem goes away without needing any dejagnu
> changes, because that is the first name that dejagnu looks for.  We already
> use this name for cross compilers.  Hence this just means using this name
> for natives also.

I am not sure what of my patches you are referring to. One bug
in dejagnu is the wrong library will be used if the build is done
in ${prefix}/foo. It can happen if you have

prefix=/usr

and you build your stuff in

/usr/stuff

Under /usr, there are many things dejagnu is looking for, like

/usr/cpu-vendor-os/lib

which is created by "make install".

H.J.