Re: How to generate test reports?

 > From: Jeffrey A Law <law@cygnus.com>
 >
 > Seems to me we should check both of them into the sources somewhere
 > and add a faq item which mentions them.
 >
 > Any objections?
 > jeff

        It would be nice to have a "make report" target which runs some
scripts and produces a file suitable for mailing.  Having a consistent
format is useful, IMHO.

        This report might include info like the gcc version string, the
host/target configuration, as well as BOOT_CFLAGS, native vs gnu as/ld,
and which stage1 compiler was used, finally the summary output from
"make check" should be appended.

        I guess this is somewhat/slightly similar to the "bashbug"
target in bash-2.x, although I wouldn't recommend exactly what bash
does.  Just dump to a file all the relevant info and ask the user to
mail it to egcs@cygnus.com.

	I'll work on a starting point in configure.in and Makefile.in.
Stay tuned.

                --Kaveh
--
Kaveh R. Ghazi			Project Manager / Custom Development
ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu		Icon CMT Corp.