Re: Building a cross compiler

	> I think this should be fixed by rewriting the x86 port to implement libgcc1
	> as an assembler file instead of the perform_* macros, and then we should
	> eliminate the perform_* macros so that no one else will be tempted to use
	> them.  This is how all other ports work nowadays.

	Perhaps I'm missing something, but wouldn't that mean that the
	assembler functions would no longer be inline?

What I am suggesting here is that we use assembly routines instead
of asms to implement libgcc1.  This only affects compilation of libgcc1.a.
It does not affect any user programs, as libgcc1 source code is never used for
anything but libgcc1.a.

libgcc1 routines can be expanded inline, but this is done by either by machine
independent code in the middle-end, or machine dependent patterns in the md
file.  The libgcc1 source code has nothing to do with this.

Jim