dejagnu advice needed for g77

Having dropped a test in g77.f-torture/compile at Craig's behest, I
now realize it's wrong because the code (compile/980419-1.f) elicits a
compiler error now it doesn't actually abort.

I'm ignorant of DejaGnu and any egcs specifics so don't know what to
do about such cases.  Is RTFMing something specific in order?
Otherwise could someone advise on setting up such tests (in a
`noncompile' directory?) or even do it?

Sorry to be asking without much research, but I'm meant to be finding
time for g77 alpha-test stuff...