RE: Cross Compiling

Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 17:24:37 -0400
From: Jerry Alexandratos <alexandr@hawk.pearson.udel.edu>

: Building a cross compiler is not as easy as it should be yet.  This is
: something that we are hoping to have fixed for the egcs 1.1 release.

Let me guess...Don't ask we don't know exactly when it'll be out.  8)

: You should be able to put everything in subdirs and do a one-pass build.
: However, this probably requires working around various bugs.
:
: I don't know how easily this works with glibc though, as I have never tried
: that.  Most people use newlib for cross compilers to embedded targets.

I'd love to use newlib.  However, I'm FreeBSD and newlib doesn't seem to
support that OS.  8(

       --Jerry

8) Jerry Alexandratos              % - %  "Nothing inhabits my    (8
8) alexandr@louie.udel.edu         % - %   thoughts, and oblivion (8
8) alexandr@hawk.pearson.udel.edu  % - %   drives my desires."    (8