Re: error message formatting

> When I sent the message what I had in mind was putting in line breaks
> and indenting in the type descriptions so that it is easier to compare
> the parts of the different type descriptions being written.

What you want is a "pretty printer" for compiler diagostic output. I already
use one such pretty printer; it's called g++filt; that's for a different
purpose: name unmangling however. I.e., my make command is something like:

    make MAKETARGET |& g++filt

This could be cascaded:

    make MAKETARGET |& g++filt |& g++pprint

where g++pprint is a filter which pretty prints the diagostic output. It could
be based on perl, perhaps, matching and replacing based on regular
expressions.

-- DavidC