Re: once we have cpplib...

> So we have gcc.c look in $(libsubdir) for cpp.  If it finds it, then
> it invokes the passes in the old way (cpp, cc1).

That implies we do not want a standa-alone cpp executable.
(Cpplib linked with a trivial main program cppmain provides basically
the functionality of the standalone cpp.)

While doing (yet) another stat is a minor cost, still it seems
wasteful.

	--Per Bothner
Cygnus Solutions     bothner@cygnus.com     http://www.cygnus.com/~bothner