Use of exceptions in STL

<This message was cross-posted to the egcs and glibc mailing lists.>

Greetings,

	I'm working with the following C++ development environment:

		RedHat Linux 5.0
		glibc-2.0.7
		egcs-1.0.1 (soon to be snapshot)

	I noticed in some of the std and STL includes (like string and
deque) that there is a macro #ifdef __STL_USE_EXCEPTIONS.  It is intuitive
that this define toggles the use of exceptions, however, I am not sure if
this is a recommended feature yet.  If it is safe to use now, is it simply
a matter of #define'ing it before #include in every file in my program that
would make use of it?

Thanks for any info,
-bp
--