Re: egcs-980315, gen*.c system.h and fatal() using stdarg/varargs

 > From: John Carr <jfc@mit.edu>
 >
 > > 	All of these individual hacks play tricks with type mismatches
 > > on arguments passed to fprintf.  None of them accounts for the actual
 > > size of the argument passed.  Yet somehow we haven't had a bug report
 > > against this.
 >
 > I sent a bug report about the C++ error handler a couple months ago.
 > Compile C++ with HOST_WIDE_INT = long long.  It will crash as soon as
 > it prints a message because it assumes that HOST_WIDE_INT, int, long,
 > and pointer are all the same size and passed the same way to functions.

	Okay I'm convinced.  I did some work on a vfprintf.c module.
I'll post it shortly for review, however I'd prefer not to tackle
libiberty.  Either someone else should handle that, or I can add code to
link in just gcc/vfprintf.c if autoconf determines vfprintf() is
missing.  (Eg, using AC_REPLACE_FUNCS.)

		--Kaveh
--
Kaveh R. Ghazi			Project Manager / Custom Development
ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu		Icon CMT Corp.